Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Out-of-town Visitors

When I come back next week, can we consider this?  I have received emails from group members in which he or she may tell me that out-of-town visitors will prevent attendance.  If the group agrees, I am open to having 1 or 2 visitors at our meetings.  That's how I got into OLLI in the first place.  I was visiting a friend in Asheville NC, and he invited me to attend an OLLI lecture on the Mayan and Aztec cultures (by the retired Chief Archaeologist of the National Geographic Society!)  I could not wait to get home to Google whether there was an OLLI program in my neck of the woods.  The rest is history.  OLLI at UK, like OLLI at UNC-Ashevile, is one of the best programs among many.  I remain grateful, over the years, for that impromptu invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment