Here are a few prompts:
-- what role do sports play in society (hint: you may wish to read up about the plot lines of
- Breaking Away (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078902/),
- Invictus (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1057500),
- Lagaan (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169102),
- Chariots of Fire (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082158),
- Bang the Drum Slowly (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069765), and
- Rocky (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075148))
-- which is your favorite sports-themed work of art?
-- what is your philosophical take on last Saturday's UK/U of L barn-burner?
-- Tell a story of a great vicarious thrill.
-- Tell a story of a great catharthis.
A search of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy for the term "sports."
Other suggestions, however, if you have reached a seasonal saturation of sports, are encouraged.