Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Another 2000+ Libertarian Quotes

Hi Jim.  You mentioned you have a FB page with quotes.  Can you tell me how to find it or send a link?  I've been collecting quotes since the '70s, from all walks of life - famous people, the bible, family members, baseball players, others.  In fact, I used some of the quotes for the OLLI SIG session I led the first week you were out.

On Facebook, search for "Another 2000+ Libertarian Quotes"

I am a philosophical libertarian, a classical liberal in the tradition of John Locke, Adam Smith, and Thomas Jefferson.  I am apolitical -- a "small L" libertarian.

Some of the posters/members of the A2K+LQ page are political.  I take them with a grain of salt as long as they are posting something philosophical.

The link below takes you to Another 2000+ Libertarian Quotes
Jim Carigan to Another 2000+ Libertarian Quotes
11 hrs
Benjamin Franklin did a great many notable things for his country, and made her young name to be honored in many lands as the mother of such a son. It is not the idea of this memoir to ignore that or cover it up. No; the simple idea of it is to snub those pretentious maxims of his, which he worked up with a great show of originality out of truisms that had become wearisome platitudes as early as the dispersion from Babel.
-- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment