Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Message from Waddy, KY

Dear Lifelong Philosophers,

I am back from Ireland, and I am loaded with new philosophical queries.  What I found most fascinating was how many early settlements and towns had walled cities within them.  Now the walls are just remnants that can be pointed out from a tour bus.  What is happening here?

In any event, I will be with you on Friday, given the luck of the Irish.  We will meet from 9:45 until 11:45 am at the Eastside Branch of the Lexington Public Library.  Ask at the front desk for info on which of the meeting rooms we will occupy.

So, I suggested a topic above, but there are others to consider, as well. 
  • Do you ever wonder why the feverish screaming of politicians, seeming to disqualify both their opponents and themselves, makes any connection with the need for civilization?
  • What is the mystery of language, and what is the purpose of the melange with which we try to struggle by?
  • What burning issues have we passed by, or never approached?
  • Are there hot topics with which we need to spend more time?

Maybe you have already proposed a new topic.  If so, someone let me know, so I can try to find some good related material on the Internet.  Either reply to the email, or post a comment to this thread on this website, reasonockhammencken.blogspot.com

I look forward to seeing each of you again.

Best regards
Jim Carigan

No comments:

Post a Comment