Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Agenda -- Meeting 1, Lifelong Philosophy

Here is the general form of the e-mail I sent out this week --

We will have our first meeting this Friday at the Central Branch of the Lexington Public Library in Conference Room C on the 4th floor.  We will start at 9:30am.

Parking -- There will be 2 hours free parking in the Park Place garage adjacent to the Library.  2 hours should be sufficient for this organizational meeting.  The garage is the second parking entrance in the Library's block of Main Street.  Bring your ticket into the Library's Lobby Information Desk for validation.  If you have any questions, please contact me or the Main OLLI office.

Our organizational agenda will be as follows:

  •  Welcome and Introductions
  •  How to find the web site, Lifelong Philosophy (http://reasonockhammencken.blogspot.com)
  •  Why Philosophy, and why Lifelong Philosophy?
  •  Group decisions on Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west; ...

  -- from Rudyard Kipling, "The Elephant's Child"

No comments:

Post a Comment