Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Links

I have very few files that I can email but there are lots of links to materials on this page.
Further, I would recommend starting with the Philosophy portal at Wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Philosophy
On the other hand, I like a less orderly approach -- getting an idea, such as what is the philosopy of Mark Twain(?), then copying and pasting the question into Google (for instance).  I am usually amazed by the results.
I believe you will soon discover that you have been a philosopher for a lifetime.  If the Internet is too daunting, you can do very much the same on a personal footing, by establishing a good relationship with a good research librarian.
I am beginning a book now, This Book Will Make You Think, by Alain Stephen (see Google Books).  It has a great "Selected Bibliography," several trails to follow.

I forgot to mention that if you have an account at any of our Bluegrass area public libraries, you can access an unbelievable selection of electronic materials related to philosophy by checking your library's home page, finding the Kentucky Libraries Unbound link, then search on "philosophy."  Eureka!  I think I'm going to start downloading "Downton Abbey and Philosophy" right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment