Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

Meeting of February 26

I'm not a great note-taker -- in fact, I'm not a note-taker at all -- but today's group discussion was noteworthy in many respects.  So I wanted to recapture some of the philosophical highlights:
  • Town or Country -- where are we the happiest?
  • Where have we lived?
  • Lexington in the 60s, Lexington now
  • A Journey of One Century -- our culture has gone from 90% (+/-) rural population to roughly that % urban, and what are the philosophical implications?
  • Technology's Impact
  • Individuality
  • Parenting
  • Bullying
  • Travel
  • The Internet and other social networking
  • The Imagination
  • "Reality" TV
  • Political TV
  • Apple vs the FBI -- This was a big one.  How big?
  • Freedom vs Security
  • Risk
  • Terrorism
  • Privacy vs Strong Government
  • How does the individual cooperate to provide and obtain general welfare
  • Which are Rights and which are Guarantees -- from where does each come?
Please let me know what I may have forgotten.  Please let me know if you would change any choice of wording.

No comments:

Post a Comment